Parts of the body (Part 1): Booklet & Song
We will be learning about the parts of the body in Tagalog for the next couple of weeks. Here is a modified “Head, Shoulders, Knees, and Toes” to kick off this unit. Watch, learn, and sing along with us!
Learn about some of the parts of the body (mga parte ng katawan) with this unit activity. It includes:
- 12 vocabulary words with pictures and the word in Tagalog
- a mini-booklet with sentences about the body parts and blank responses for your child to fill in
- lyrics to the song: “Sampung mga daliri” (10 Fingers)
- Here is a video (from Robie317) of “Sampung mga daliri” to watch while following along with the lyrics.
Parts of the body (Part 2): Memory Game
Here is a Memory Game with additional body parts not included in Part 1. It comes with picture flashcards and 3 sets of cards to play memory while practicing the body parts in Tagalog and English.
Additional Extension Activities
- Play “Simon Says” and ask them to use their various body parts to do something or to touch the body parts (using the Tagalog word)
- Trace an outline of your child’s body on a large butcher paper or using chalk outside on the pavement. Then have them label the body parts in Tagalog.
- Watch this animated YouTube video (by Filipino for Kids) on the parts of the body in Tagalog
- Accompany this unit with the “Mga Bahagi ng Katawan” booklet from DinoLingo Tagalog. (DinoLingo provides language lesson resources with books, vocabulary cards, CD’s, DVD’s in various foreign languages). You can purchase single units on Amazon or head to the DinoLingo website for packages.
There will be another unit to come about additional parts of the body and more activities, so stay tuned ….