Be a Fil-Am Learners Contributor
Do you have resources or skills that would help enrich the Filipino-American culture? Come join us and be a contributor to the Fil-Am Learners Community., a private Facebook group where collaborate with others who have special skills to teach children more about Filipino culture and Tagalog, one of the many languages of the Philippines. Our generation needs to preserve and spread the heritage and values so our future generations do not lose touch of their roots.
Who we are looking for:
The group will be open to anyone who would like to learn more about Filipino culture. Our group will be so much more successful with lots of resources and skills from a wide scope of Filipinos and Filipino-Americans. We hope to work with Filipino/Fil-Am authors, illustrators, bloggers/vloggers, educators, homeschoolers, entrepreneurs, chefs, artists, and musicians. If I didn’t mention your niche, but you feel you can contribute a relevant skill or resource, feel free to also fill out the form below and contact us.
Possible resource ideas:
Some ideas we would like to feature in our group:
– Educational resources
– Book talks
– Demonstrations of a cultural activity
– Songs (vocal/instrument)
These are just to name a few. We will add on depending on our contributors.
What are the benefits?
- Building a community of people with a common goal of spreading and strengthening cultural and linguistic awareness
- Giving your children the opportunity to learn more about Tagalog language and culture.
- Gaining easier access to educational resources that you would probably have normally had to dig deep to find.
- Bringing awareness to others in the community about your resources and skills (For example, if you own a Filipino bookstore, or teach at a Filipino school, or have published a book, this will help bring awareness to others about your value and resource).
- Networking with other Filipinos and Filipino-Americans
- Leaving an imprint of Filipino and Filipino-American culture
Ready to contribute?
If this sounds like something you are interested and willing to do to teach other fellow Filipino-Americans and Filipinos alike, fill out the Fil-Am Learners Resource Contributor Form
Spread the word!
If you know others who would also be perfect contributors, share this post and link to the Contributor Form, and let’s grow our Fil-Am Learners Community!
Come join our private Facebook group by searching for “Fil-Am Learners Community” under Facebook groups. We look forward to having you as a part of the community!
Calendar of Upcoming Resource Topics:
Here is our calendar of the resources that will be shared by contributors in the Fil-Am Learners Community. Check back for updates in events!