Learning Parts of the body in Tagalog
We will be learning about the parts of the body in Tagalog for the next couple of weeks. Here is a modified “Head, Shoulders, Knees, and Toes” to kick off this unit. Watch, learn, and sing along with us!
- We created printable flash cards that you and your child can use to learn the 24 parts of the body in Tagalog. It comes with picture flashcards and 3 sets of cards to play memory while practicing the body parts in Tagalog and English.
Make an easy reader Tagalog book of your child
What better way to teach your child about the parts of the body than with their own body?Incorporate your child in a Tagalog booklet with pictures of their body parts.
Step 2: Take pictures of the corresponding body parts in the booklet.
Step 3: Print or develop the pictures
Step 4: Glue the corresponding pictures on to the pages
Step 5: Read, learn Tagalog for many of the body parts, and enjoy!
Additional Extension Activities
- Play “Simon Says” and ask them to use their various body parts to do something or to touch the body parts (using the Tagalog word)
- Trace an outline of your child’s body on a large butcher paper or using chalk outside on the pavement. Then have them label the body parts in Tagalog.
- Watch this animated YouTube video (by Filipino for Kids) on the parts of the body in Tagalog
- Here is a video (from Robie317) of “Sampung mga daliri” (10 Fingers).
- Accompany this unit with the “Mga Bahagi ng Katawan” booklet from DinoLingo Tagalog. (DinoLingo provides language lesson resources with books, vocabulary cards, CD’s, DVD’s in various foreign languages). You can purchase single units on Amazon or head to the DinoLingo website for packages.
There will be another unit to come about additional parts of the body and more activities, so stay tuned ….